IBEW NextGen Committee Meeting Minutes
May 10th, 2017 Conference Call
Attendees: Kate Mueller Leo Doran
Brandon MacInnis Sarah Campbell
Education update: no new update until the June E Board meeting.
Terms of Reference is complete and has been added to the IBEW 1928 website.
Ball tournament update:
- Letter for sponsors is ready and we have an item from Harris and Roome for auction as well as a box of swag from the International. NSP TUC and POA have donated $200 each. If anyone requires a letter let Kate know.
- Ellen at the office has created an account for the money we raise.
- Alain is working on a shuttle bus to transport people to and from the field.
- Still need a trophy.
- Have a quote for tents. Inquiring at TUC to borrow tables and BBQs.
- Leaving individuals to book their own rooms but suggesting the Best Western as they are unionized
- Reminder to motion at Unit meetings for funding
Local 1928 NextGen was in the April edition of the NextGen newsletter. Sarah Campbell sent it out to members. We will work on getting members of this committee on the mail list.
Ryan MacDonald has added a NextGen tab to the 1928 website. Action: Ryan MacDonald our meeting minutes need to be added. Kate will also email a Cooperators Insurance communication that needs to be added as well.
Kate Walsh is attending our September meeting.
IBEW Code of Excellence: Jim Sponagle has asked NextGen to work on an initiative to build a Code of Excellence presentation to roll out to NSP. This will be added to our September agenda to discuss.
Mike Perry has shared our NextGen poster and our ball tournament poster with Unit 9. Still no interest from them or from PEI members.
Unit meeting attendance:
- Considered changing meeting times to better accommodate members.
- Discussed leaving this initiative for now. Hoping meeting attendance will increase as we work harder to get people more active and involved.
- Consider making meeting attendance mandatory for Apprentices- suggestion 6 per year.