Union Plus Savings:
Please visit http://www.unionsavings.ca/ for the following discounts available to our membership and your families:
- Accident Insurance
-Critical Illness Insurance
-Health & Dental Insurance
-Term Life Insurance
-Orlando Employee Discount
Atlantic Canda Health Care Coalition:
IBEW Local 1928 and the Atlantic Canada Health Care Coalition are pleased to offer discounts to members in good standing on new auto purchases from Chrysler Canada.
Please click HERE for more information.
- MHCSI supplementary pharmacy benefit card. This card offers a flat-rate discount (between $2 and $5) on prescriptions, plus discounts between 5% and 40% on various categories of retail items at Lawtons stores. (See below for information on how to apply for this card.)
- Mark's Work Warehouse discount of 10% with a discount card that is mailed out from the union office at Christmas each year. (Call the Local office if you need a replacement card.)
- Preferred rates with Co-Operators Insurance on house and home: 1-800-387-1963 (Provide your membership card/number for discount.)
- Preferred rates with AIL life insurance. (Provide your membership card/number for discount.)
- 15% discount at NS Signature Resorts: Digby Lodge, Liscomb Lodge and Keltic Lodge. (Provide your membership card/number for discount.)
- 10% Park & Fly discount. (Provide your membership card/number for discount.)
- Special overnight rate at the unionized Delta Toronto Airport West hotel, which comes with a courtesy shuttle to the airport and 50% discount on parking. Download details here.
- GM Select Nationwide/Union Rewards offers Building Trades Unions’ members, their families and retirees participating in the program the opportunity to purchase, lease or finance new vehicles at guaranteed lowest cost pricing. Read about how to apply for the GM program here.
- 15% discount on all Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) textbooks/handbooks; must be ordered through the Local
"A" members of the IBEW participate in an IBEW Pension Benefit Fund (PBF). The PBF allows for a modest normal pension, and allows for early retirement and a disability pension where a person is eligible. There is also a death benefit to the survivors of "A" members. The PBF has assets of approximately $1.5 billion. There are no employer contributions to the IBEW PBF.
Local 1928 also makes available, with Benefit Plan Administrators (BPA), a medical/dental benefit package, whose premiums are usually shared by employers and employees. With BPA, the Local also administers a defined contribution pension fund for outside line construction members. The collective agreement with your employer will specify the amount the the employer will contribute to the pension fund on the employee's behalf (usually a dollar amount per hour). Those contributions form a part of the overall wage package.
Lawton's Discount Card:
Send the completed application to:
535 Portland Street, Unit 1
The card will be delivered by mail to you by MHCSI.